Thursday, November 19, 2009

A boy

I guess two months is kind of a long break to take from blogging. Oh well. Sometimes words just don't come.

This week we found out we're expecting a baby boy. We've never found out by ultrasound what we're expecting. Always waited for the surprise. But this time we already had the surprise, so we decided we needed to know.

Most people were sure this baby was a girl. I wasn't sure, but I seriously thought it might be...and, quite honestly, that is what I was hope, hope, hoping for. But it's a little dude, and now that I know, I am so thrilled. A boy is just right...the perfect fit for our family of boys...and I now feel the most excitement that I've felt so far about this pregnancy. Who is this little fellow?

And let's be honest, little boys always adore their mothers...and even during adolescence things are more smooth between mothers and sons than they generally are between mothers and daughters.

Best of all, he appears to be perfectly healthy. I am just so grateful.

And as my husband said, well, now that we know...we can start fighting over names! Good times.

7 comments:

christine said...

I'm excited I get to be the first one to congratulate you on your blog!! That's so exciting!!! I'm so glad that it feels even more exciting now. Have fun with the name selection ; )

Jessica said...

congratulations, Nina! What a perfect little dude to add to your beautiful family:)

peaj said...

Yay! I love the care and affection that I read in your post. You may be feeling like "of course," but I'm just so glad to see, once again, that you are a great mom and that you will enjoy this little guy.

Be very very blessed. We love you guys!

Nina said...

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. Now each day I grow more and more excited to meet the little guy in the flesh and for everyone else to get a chance to meet him too. Not sure who he's going to be, but I know that he's one special buddy.

Emily said...

boys really do adore their mothers! It's really crazy. Way to go on your healthy little peanut!

Nina said...

Emily, it is crazy isn't it? I think the cool thing when you have the privilege of having both boys and girls is that you get to see some of those differences quite clearly.

Michele said...

Nina bean, I have to "adopt" my boys from different places - church, Lara's school. You are truly blessed and I can't wait to meet the little man! Dibs on holding him!