Sunday, June 7, 2009

Superpowers

I can honestly tell you that when I was a kid I never once considered what superpowers I might or might not want to have. I never gave them a second thought. Or a first.

But the boys, at least the younger two, still talk about "powers," and which ones they'd like to have.

A few months ago, I told Son2 that if I could have any superpower, it would be the power to suck the migraines right out of his head. Hands down. This is the superpower I'm looking for.

I'd like to use it tonight, for the migraine that reared up 45 minutes ago. I would have liked to have it Saturday at 4 a.m. when he woke me to tell me he had a terrible migraine. Please. Oh please. This is the superpower I want. We have two weeks of Oliver craziness ahead of us. Late rehearsals all week. And then the performances. Then a few days off before rehearsals and more performances. It seems like a time that this superpower could come in handy. I'm just praying that God will choose to use his superpowers to keep the migraines from even being a factor in all of this.

This leaves me wondering what superpowers you would like to have. It doesn't have to be as serious as mine. In fact, I hope it's not. It could be silly. It could be completely self-serving. Whatever it is, I'm curious. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

the ability to transport myself from place to another while taking virtually no time to do it.

It would be amazing to be able to come home everyday after work and still do my job..Amazing is an understatement. I don't like to think of it is a waste since it is a necessity, but still--I spend so much time traveling; to have those extra hours and be where I need to be when I need to be there would be such a gift.

I hope Son2's migraines stop!!! I know how horrible they are, but I have never had them as often as he seems to. I am so sorry about that!

peaj said...

I've thought that it would be cool to have a Midas-touch type of power - the power to make a lot of money easily. Like to be able to day trade stocks and make huge profits in a short period of time.

I've also thought that it would be great to have a miraculous power of healing.

merry said...

I would like to be able to change things. Make slow drivers move. Make mean people be nice. Make myself thin and make other people well.I also always wanted to fly.

Brian Taylor, Cr. Dir. Pneuma Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina said...

Well, if I could have multiple superpowers, I'd choose everything you all came up with. Collectively they would make life a lot easier.