Thursday, August 28, 2008

At the brink

Here I am, five days into homeschooling, and I feel on the brink of insanity. I remember now why I didn't have more children. It's that need for some level of personal space...and, introvert that I am, that's important to me. It's not that the homeschooling aspect of things isn't going well; it is. It's the constant togetherness. This other person is here all day, and he's a child, and he needs me. And we've been dealing with an explosion of migraines since the first of August and he's having all kinds of trouble sleeping — problems falling asleep, problems staying asleep, nightmares, etc., etc. It is awful for him, but the ugly truth is that it is also awful for me. I don't want to deal. I just don't. And so there it is. I'm such a nice mommy.

3 comments:

Becky said...

it's a stinker of a time right now. it's hard and trying and exhausting. i'll be praying.

math maven said...

Have you tried acupuncture for the migraines? It changed my life.

merry said...

We had a great time on Saturday. We are fully convinced that we need a hot tub.