Friday, September 14, 2007

Terry Gross

For my fortieth birthday my husband gave me a Sirius radio. I am obsessed. This is probably the best present I've ever received. There is little radio reception where we live. Well...little reception of anything I want to hear. Namely, I can't get NPR. Honestly, I cannot overstate the delight I now have as I drive back and forth to school, baseball, soccer, church, the grocery store, everywhere. My car looks like a roving living room. Oh well. It doesn't matter. I can listen to Terry Gross. This morning she was interviewing Viggo Mortensen. What could be better? I guess just the way Terry Gross says, "I'm Terry Gross and this is Fresh Air." She says it with such relish. And why not? She's got quite the gig.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

If you have an ipod, you can sign up for free podcasts and never miss a "Fresh Air" episode and listen whenever you want, as well as other great shows like This American Life and NY Times Book Review, etc. I have more podcasts than I will ever listen to.
But I'm glad you're enjoying Sirius. I somehow instantly associate it with Howard Stern.

Nina said...

Yeah, that's why I didn't want Sirius. because I hated the idea of giving any credit to Howard Stern. But only Sirius has NPR...and alas, I have no ipod.

Becky said...

Aaaaah. Terry Gross.